Forums  ·  Maps  ·  Files  ·  Steam Skins  ·  Tutorials  ·  Tools  ·  Faqs  ·  Search  ·  Submit Content join cs planet 
Counter-Strike
Forgot? · Register?
Powered by Level (3)
level3.com Internet & Data Hosting
  Forums - Counter-Strike n' General - Counter-Strike 1.6 FTP Server HELP! Online: 209 · 664 664 requests per minute
Browse all
de · cs · as
fy · he · ka Wad files
  Home  Search  Maps  Files  Skins  Forums  »   Need help? try search  

1 2 3 4 5
Avg: 1 rating
[+]
    view:
flathybridthreaded
  Post a:
  Post a:

Author  
Hustle2Live Hustle2Live
Joined Oct 2008

Post Counter-Strike 1.6 FTP Server HELP!
Finally........I ended up here looking for help.

I've been trying to create an counter strike 1.6 FTP server for more than 3 months now and still I have no clue how to. I've my own website " www.hustle2live.com " and everyone told me it's possible to create a counter strike server on my website, I just don't know how. I'm willing to donate a free domain for the person who help me creating a ftp server.

I've previously been admins in 3 servers and I've moded few servers my self using Amxmodx, Statsxmex, CLANMOD and I know almost everything about them but still I don't know how to create an ftp server. Please help me.

Thank You
to forum permalink 2008-10-18 04:10:02 Reply to this Print
Prog Prog

Joined Nov 2005

You cant have a server on a website.

You need a server box or buy a server from someone.
to forum permalink 2008-10-18 08:03:21 Reply to this Print
Hustle2Live Hustle2Live
Joined Oct 2008

Exclamation Oh really?
Aren't servers something which stay in FTP websites? I think most people create it through websites and what do you mean by an server box?

One more thing.

How do I use rcon commands ingame console? When I put " rcon (ie: rcon kick/ban/slay ". It works but when I put " kick/slay/ban " in command console it says something like you don't have the permission o something.

But last night after I created a GUI server through HLDS.exe it worked without putting rcon. Offcourse I create the server so I'm the remote admin.

And why is it starting to lag when I've more than 4 players?

Thanks a lot, This forum really is handy!
to forum permalink 2008-10-18 09:43:26 Reply to this Print
Prog Prog

Joined Nov 2005

in response to Hustle2Live
Basically webhosting is only the space. You need the actual computer to do a server on.

Server boxes or server rental companies such as

www.gameservers.com
www.dchservers.com

and many more sell servers. No one has hosted a server on webspace mainly because it is against the rules of the provider and it wont work.

If your making a dedicated server on your computer and playing on it at the same time, your server will lag. Your connection and/or your internet speed may not be good enough to host it.

Confused on your rcon question, but if I understand right type this:

rcon_password XXX (replace XXX with your rcon password)
rcon slay
to forum permalink 2008-10-18 09:55:54 Reply to this Print
Hustle2Live Hustle2Live
Joined Oct 2008

Do I really have to?
I know! First we have to put " rcon_password <password> " to use commands.
after putting the first line " rcon_password <password> " you are able to use the other commands with " rcon " infront of each command, But last night I used commands without putting " rcon " infront of the command like just " kick <victim> ".
And after that today I cannot do it, So basically I want to use the commands without using " rcon " after the first lines " rcon_password <password> ".
to forum permalink 2008-10-18 09:59:53 Reply to this Print
Prog Prog

Joined Nov 2005

in response to Hustle2Live
I dont consider that a big deal really.

Add mani admin plugin.

http://mani-admin-plugin.com/

You can use a menu that pops up by typing admin in through console.
to forum permalink 2008-10-18 10:22:14 Reply to this Print
deleted by moderator
Reply Follow this topic Print thread
Forums Counter-Strike n' General

Previous
Next

Bandwidth by Level (3) and N-Layer Communications Wednesday, 20-Aug 19:49:18 · feedback
© 2001-2008
Hosting & co-lo reliablesevers.com - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy. Use of this site signifies your agreement.
Not registered? Sign up