Forums  ·  Maps  ·  Files  ·  Steam Skins  ·  Tutorials  ·  Tools  ·  Faqs  ·  Search  ·  Submit Content join cs planet 
Counter-Strike
Forgot? · Register?
Powered by Level (3)
level3.com Internet & Data Hosting
  Forums - Mapping, textures and models - [CS:S] error ' missing map ' Online: 177 · 291 291 requests per minute
Browse all
de · cs · as
fy · he · ka Wad files
  Home  Search  Maps  Files  Skins  Forums  »   Need help? try search  

1 2 3 4 5
    view:
flathybridthreaded
  Post a:
  Post a:

Author  
TDevIAnt
Joined Feb 2007

[CS:S] error ' missing map '
i have created a map saved as a 'mapname.bsp' file and a 'mapname.nav' file, these files have been uploaded to our server in the map folder, map name added to 'maplist.txt' but when i change the map to the one i have created, only people with the map already on their pc can play. i have tested this many times. it just doesnt dowload from our server yet all other maps download fine, any suggestions...

thanx in advance
www.thekmaclan.co.uk
CSS Server here
81.19.219.14:27015
ps. the map is on here can demo
to forum permalink 2007-03-19 22:43:11 Reply to this Print
Ghull Ghull

Joined Dec 2005

trie upload it to a ftp server
--
to forum permalink 2007-03-20 12:57:16 Reply to this Print
TDevIAnt
Joined Feb 2007

in response to TDevIAnt
its on our 'Fear & loathing public' server, but just wont download to other peeps pc's, .nav and .bsp's are there just not downloading.
to forum permalink 2007-03-31 15:09:13 Reply to this Print
Jaacob
Joined Apr 2007

in response to TDevIAnt
I dunno how does a CS:S works,but in CS1.6 you need to setup some parameter on the server, so that users could be able to download maps and resources.If other maps are downloaded instantly,this isn't our pitfall..

But it might be a different problem..maybee even CS:S maps needs to have a mapname.res file next to a .bsp (or in the CS:S a different MAP extension file), which describes the necessary resources for playing it (such as sounds,WAD files, models,sprites and so...)

For a CS1.6 maps a program called resgen creates the .res files.. It is easy to google it up..

But as I mentioned above...this only works for the CS1.6
to forum permalink 2007-04-22 06:23:14 Reply to this Print
shonuff
(Unregistered)

in response to TDevIAnt
we are having a similar problem on our server. some of the customs work, some don't. I made a map that used only source textures and whatnot, to see if it had something to do with adding custom content to the map, but the map only works on the server if you have it already installed in your cstrike/maps folder. the funny thing is, is the server goes through the motions when the map is changed to these maps. you download the whole map, and then once its all done, it says its missing.
to forum permalink 2007-04-23 10:19:26 Reply to this Print
hennequin
(Unregistered)

in response to TDevIAnt
I have exact the same problem with all my custom maps. Does anyone know he we can get this to work?
to forum permalink 2007-05-29 08:58:00 Reply to this Print
Reply Follow this topic Print thread
Forums Mapping, textures and models

Previous
Next

Bandwidth by Level (3) and N-Layer Communications Wednesday, 20-Aug 15:54:00 · feedback
© 2001-2008
Hosting & co-lo reliablesevers.com - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy. Use of this site signifies your agreement.
Not registered? Sign up