Forums  ·  Maps  ·  Files  ·  Steam Skins  ·  Tutorials  ·  Tools  ·  Faqs  ·  Search  ·  Submit Content join cs planet 
Counter-Strike
Forgot? · Register?
Powered by Level (3)
level3.com Internet & Data Hosting
  Forums - Troubleshooting & Tech Problems - hl.exe error Online: 259 · 371 371 requests per minute
Browse all
de · cs · as
fy · he · ka Wad files
  Home  Search  Maps  Files  Skins  Forums  »   Need help? try search  

1 2 3 4 5
    view:
flathybridthreaded
  Post a:
  Post a:

page: 1 2
Author  
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

hl.exe error
i have windows xp. after i install the game and go to play, the background screen comes up for the game, but before it attempts to connect, i get one of tose "an error has occured and windows needs to shut the program down" crap with the error report and it says the hl.exe is the file with the problem. waht should i do?
to forum permalink 2004-03-02 21:21:22 Reply to this Print
Ralph_wiggum Ralph_wiggum
Joined Mar 2004

are u the administrator for u computer? IF u not then find out and get into the admin's account and download it from there...
to forum permalink 2004-03-02 22:53:33 Reply to this Print
Ralph_wiggum Ralph_wiggum
Joined Mar 2004

in response to Unregistered
well u have to remove it then install it
to forum permalink 2004-03-02 22:54:34 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

What do you mean by that? Im a different person with same problem you saying i have to reinstall CS? If so screw that because I dont have CD anymore and dont feel like waiting for download...
to forum permalink 2004-03-04 15:13:56 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

hello i got the same error on my computer and i have tryed like everything
but maby it has somthing to do with my memorycard i think i got some shit there do you have any problem with your memorycard??
/oggy
to forum permalink 2004-03-06 19:23:55 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

Thumbs down
I have this same problem and it really pisses the hell out of me. I can play for about 5 min in 1.6 but in 1.5 i can play as long as I want too. It just recently started after I began to do some upgrading on my computer and I also reformatted. I have also read all th forums I can find and the only thing I can find is that a crap load of people have the same damn problem and nothing is being done about it. I have heard that there is an update that could possible fix this problem but who in the hell knows.
to forum permalink 2004-03-11 00:53:25 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

i have the same problem...
i checked the error logs and it appears that it doesn't find any of the models...the .mdl files..
i don'0t know why and i can't play cs..:'(
to forum permalink 2004-03-12 17:53:56 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

Question in response to Unregistered
i have the same problem but it only happens every once in a while.on some servers it doesn't happen at all.once it starts it won't stop though. why doesn't it happen in 1.5? hl is hl. don't they use the same ".exe"?
to forum permalink 2004-03-12 18:02:23 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

HELP ME
every time i go to start the game....it says the file is not there. i was wondering where i would get the hl.exe file from if it wasnt on my comp......

if it helps at all i dl cstrike from fileplanet....

thanks
to forum permalink 2004-03-21 05:09:14 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

hey
hey man ya i have the same problem u know how to fix it or do u still have the same problem
to forum permalink 2004-03-21 22:01:08 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

WHAT IS RONG WITH MY HL.EXE
I bough half-life cs and when I installed it, it didn't work. Then, my friend told me I had to download CS 1.5 from planet half life. After i dowloaded it, I clicked on the cs icon but it said i couldn't find hl.exe. So, I went to some website to download hl.exe then it says to read the manual in hlite.txt whenever i click on the cs icon. You get hlite.txt when u download the hl.exe. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I DO FROM HERE! CAN ANYBODY HLP ME?! I'M GETTING REALLY PISSED AT CS! IF ANYBODY CAN HLP ME PLZ EMAIL ME AT pokemonstephen (at) hotmail.com!!!

I NEED ANSWER A.S.A.P!
to forum permalink 2004-03-22 17:46:58 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

PLZ HELP ME NICE GUYS OUT THERE!
i no alot of other people have this prob...
the steam file "hl.exe", and sorry to burn you hopes that i have the answer, but no, i actually have the same damn problem, but mines a lil different, you see mine used to day the file was missing, but now (after i havnt changed anything), it sez "unable to run game(RunGameByAppDir failure)",
and i dont think thats its the one file, i think that hl.exe is only the file at the top of the klist that i am missing, so if you know what im talking about, plz send all files,
send all(if you choose to reply, or your one of those 1 in 1million all around nice guys),
To
StrikerX8X (at) emailccount.com

PS: emailaccount.com is just a cheap account for Gamearena
to forum permalink 2004-04-15 05:53:23 Reply to this Print
GliTcH
Joined May 2004

Oki guys if you're having the problem with hl.exe errors or the game locking up here's how I fixed mine.

Go into the game folder/steam/steamapps

You will see some files that end .gcf

If your problem is when you're trying to load Counter Strike then delete the counter-strike.gcf

If your problem is when you're trying to load Condition Zero then delete the condition.zer.gcf

If your problem is when you're rtying to load deleted scenes delete the condition zero delete scenes .gcf ( theres 3 of them )

Once you've done that fire the game up and it will redownload the files it needs. If your problem was like mine with deleted scenes then expect a long download cos the 3 files you need to make deleted scenes work is 1.13gb

I hope this helps you out
to forum permalink 2004-05-28 17:19:17 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

i have the exact same problem... i have no clue..ive tried installing on a different computer and it works perfectly but that computer sucks ass so i triedo n this comp and it wont work
to forum permalink 2004-05-28 18:20:56 Reply to this Print
Unregistered
(Unregistered)

rungamebyappdir
I have the same problem too, but i have realized it only occurs when I want to play on one of boomtowns servers. I have no problems with playing on e.g. jubii games.. I find it a little bit wierd, but it might be the boomtown programs which making the errors.. :-() is there somebody out there who knows how to fix the problem..
to forum permalink 2004-06-15 03:26:38 Reply to this Print
dala
(Unregistered)

??wut to do after reading HLITE TEXT??
i downloaded hl.exe den wen i open counter strike it always lead me to reading the HLITE TEXT............wut do i do after dat?/
to forum permalink 2006-03-04 15:08:02 Reply to this Print
Azeeee
(Unregistered)

in response to Ralph_wiggum
hlds error
when i start my dedicated server
the error hlds appear what can i do
but my counter strike run perfectly
i think hlds.exe file are courrept plz tell waht can i do
to forum permalink 2006-03-12 04:40:29 Reply to this Print
need help :(
(Unregistered)

when i try to open cs 1.6 i always get half-life launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close! i have just downloaded a dual elite skin when it happened. does that have anything to do with it?
Help would be greatly appreciated in this time of me mad becuz tgis is making me really mad!
to forum permalink 2006-03-13 20:42:30 Reply to this Print
mihais13
(Unregistered)

You should know this
I have the exact same fucking problem as all of you. But, I installed the game on my Pc and on my laptop, both running under windows. Guess what! it works fine on Pc, but fucks out on the laptop.
to forum permalink 2007-04-28 11:31:26 Reply to this Print
MACZO
(Unregistered)

hadry
to forum permalink 2007-07-16 14:27:10 Reply to this Print
Reply Follow this topic Print thread
Forums Troubleshooting & Tech Problems

page: 1 2

Previous
Next

Bandwidth by Level (3) and N-Layer Communications Saturday, 23-Aug 12:44:57 · feedback
© 2001-2008
Hosting & co-lo reliablesevers.com - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy. Use of this site signifies your agreement.
Not registered? Sign up