Forums  ·  Maps  ·  Files  ·  Steam Skins  ·  Tutorials  ·  Tools  ·  Faqs  ·  Search  ·  Submit Content join cs planet 
Counter-Strike
News Happy New Year - 2014 !!! read/post comments comments(821)
Everyone here at CStrike-Planet would like to thank you for a fantastic 2013, and we all wish you read more ..
Forgot? · Register?
Powered by Level (3)
level3.com Internet & Data Hosting
  Forums - Mapping, textures and models - [CS1.6] What made cs and as maps "fail" competitively? Fixable? Online: 279 · 420 420 requests per minute
Browse all
de · cs · as
fy · he · ka Wad files
  Home  Search  Maps  Files  Skins  Forums  »   Need help? try search  

1 2 3 4 5
    view:
flathybridthreaded
  Post a:
  Post a:

Author  
kamicom
Joined May 2012

[CS1.6] What made cs and as maps "fail" competitively? Fixable?
I'm hoping to address the competitive scene of players and map designers but anyone who has valid input is welcome.

I've been playing 1.6 competitively for nearly 10 years now and designed maps that catered to competitive play a few years ago. Now with CS:GO coming out, I've rekindled my ambitions of getting a map published for competitive leagues and in this revival, I started to think about why hostage maps and assassination maps never flourished like bomb defuse maps. The most I could come up with was that those game modes revolved around a linear style of gameplay (VIP -> Rescue zone; CT -> hostage -> rescue zone) versus the dynamic options of two bomb sites in de_maps.

I was hoping you guys could help dissect the problems with cs and as maps and see if we could remedy their problems; I'd LOVE to see those game modes match the competitive level of de_maps (assuming they're not fundamentally flawed).
to forum permalink 2012-05-06 00:05:45 Reply to this Print
Reply Follow this topic Print thread
Forums Mapping, textures and models

Previous
Next

Bandwidth by Level (3) and N-Layer Communications Thursday, 24-Apr 05:21:16 · feedback
© 2001-2008
Hosting & co-lo reliablesevers.com - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy. Use of this site signifies your agreement.
Not registered? Sign up