i'm not sure if this is already completely covered, but i would need some answers to my questions. if already covered in the forum, please send me a link
first of all, the server has a 1Gbit connection, so you might wanna join me sometimes
so, i've installed a dedicated linux server following basically this tutorial: »Creating a Counter-Strike Server
as i've just finished installing it, i didn't have the chance to test it yet, but i'll do tonight.
- how do i administer it during the game? will i need extra tools/commands for that?
- how do i make myself an admin on the server (i won't be admin if i just join the server
- is there a general overview for admins somewhere about commands, tools, etc?
- is there some kind of a banned users/IPs config i can edit on my server?
- and very important: what do i need to do so my server appears on the server list for all users out there? do i need to register it somewhere?
i'd like to keep it as basic as possible. just classic maps, no fancy bollocks, not too much unneeded software, etc.
any other suggestions, please let me know
btw, that's my config file (maybe someone can tell me if everything looks good):
// disable autoaim
// disable clients' ability to pause the server
// mp_startmoney <money> - Specify how much money players start off with
// default server name. Change to "Bob's Server", etc.
hostname "1Gb UK - aztec <> italy <> dust2 <> train"
// mp_c4timer <seconds> - How long before the c4 explodes
// mp_freezetime <seconds> - How long players are unable to move during round starts
// sv_maxrate <1000-25000> - The maximum bandwidth rate the server is allowed to transmit to clients
// maximum client movement speed
// 20 minute timelimit
// mp_chattime - amount of time in seconds players can chat after the game is over
// load ban files