Forums  ·  Maps  ·  Files  ·  Steam Skins  ·  Tutorials  ·  Tools  ·  Faqs  ·  Search  ·  Submit Content join cs planet 
Counter-Strike
News Happy New Year - 2014 !!! read/post comments comments(821)
Everyone here at CStrike-Planet would like to thank you for a fantastic 2013, and we all wish you read more ..
Forgot? · Register?
Powered by Level (3)
level3.com Internet & Data Hosting
  Forums - Mapping, textures and models - [CS:S] Nuketown WIP Online: 283 · 405 405 requests per minute
Browse all
de · cs · as
fy · he · ka Wad files
  Home  Search  Maps  Files  Skins  Forums  »   Need help? try search  

1 2 3 4 5
Avg: 1 rating
[+]
    view:
flathybridthreaded
  Post a:
  Post a:

Author  
captain0terror
Joined Mar 2011

[CS:S] Nuketown WIP

> MORE IMAGES

Compile options: Fast VVIS with normal VRAD and HDR enabled.

Hi! I'm a new source mapper, who once upon a time mapped for goldsource.. I love the capabilities of source mapping, but i'm finding lighting very difficult...

I realize it's pretty frowned upon/pointless to clone existing maps, but i was inspired to rebuild this map fsr, and if nothing else, i hope it will serve as a good way to cut my teeth on the new features of the source sdk

This will be my first complete source map when it's done. I plan to add displacement mountains to the 3d skybox, and add displacements to the playable area.. All the interiors are there, they just need to be furnnished and have some interior walls added.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions/criticisms!
to forum permalink 2011-03-06 07:21:03 Reply to this Print
fr33pr0d fr33pr0d

Joined Mar 2009

This actually looks pretty good. I bet with the 3d skybox in place, it's gonna look amazing (even if I'm not really a fan of nuketown). Did you rip the models from BO?
--

compiling stuff...
to forum permalink 2011-03-06 12:33:22 Reply to this Print
captain0terror
Joined Mar 2011

edit: Sunday March 6th, @12:45PM

in response to captain0terror
thanks! =)
nope none of the models are from BLOPS.

All the vehicle models are from garry's model packs, and the moving van trailer is made outta brushes..

the rest of the models(plants, some shutters, lamp posts, street sign, furniture, mailboxes, hostage "mannequin" model") are stock HL2/CSS.

I'd like to build that old-style school bus from BLOPS outta brushes or model it, since that bus is kinda lacking.
to forum permalink 2011-03-06 12:43:54 Reply to this Print
captain0terror
Joined Mar 2011

edit: Friday March 18th, @08:08PM

Haven't worked on this much since my last post, but here is a pic with lighting and skybox changed as suggested at Interlopers, and you can see some very simple displacements in the background:

Thanks all for comments so far!(happy for more positive and/or negative) I need to add more nodraw blocks here and there, as you can notice the jeep model has no shadow. (is there a better way to do this?)

Probably the next thing i'll start working on will be the displacements in the playable area, and i'm starting to think on how i will handle care packages. i've put off finishing the 3dskybox displacements for now, cuz i'm getting frustrated with getting them to look right.

I'm also thinking of porting this to HL2DM, and possibly other mods.. Any suggestions in terms of pros and cons for this would be severely appreciated, i.e., how well the map would fit gameplay in a particular modification. I don't play HL2DM, but i feel ilke i'd have a lot more freedom with what i could do for care packages and other things..
to forum permalink 2011-03-18 20:06:52 Reply to this Print
fr33pr0d fr33pr0d

Joined Mar 2009

edit: Friday March 18th, @11:15PM

I don't really play Source games mainly because I don't really have enough free time. The second (and probably equally important) reason is that my current PC is kind of an old relic (I know, it was intentional ). Just 2 hours ago I placed an order for a Phenom II X6, 8 GB DDR3, 1 TB HDD and 1 GB nVidia GT210 . This being said, I honestly have no idea if this would make a good map for HL2DM (or other mods).

Regarding the update, all I can say is that it's coming along really nicely. I might know someone who creates models for Source engine. I'll send him a message, see if he's interested in creating the truck and the bus.
--

compiling stuff...
to forum permalink 2011-03-18 23:13:49 Reply to this Print
skatereal12
Joined Mar 2011

omg dude r u done with this map? Were can i download it? I love it!
to forum permalink 2011-04-02 15:55:53 Reply to this Print
captain0terror
Joined Mar 2011

edit: Tuesday June 14th, @05:58PM

Demo released!
Ha! i finally have a demo available:

Direct Download
Nuketown DEMO Info page

=)

If you guyse think i should post the pics and info here in another thread, i have no problem doing that!

BTW i tried uploading to your maps section, but i couldn't find the functionality to have the download point to my own hosting, rather than be hosted here. (makes it easier for me to keep links updated)

Please leave me some comments! =)

The Map is set up like an AIM map, but this would probably be most fun played with TDM plugin or any mod that respawns. I tried also porting to HL2DM, by adding teamplay and normal deathmatch spawns, but it crashes the game fsr.

I'm willing to make ANY changes to the map if someone is willing to put it on a server.

More updates coming, A LOT of things will be improved in the next version. =)
to forum permalink 2011-06-14 17:26:56 Reply to this Print
Adam465 Adam465

Joined Jun 2011

yeahhh
very good map
ur good at mapping so ill give you some ideas for maps if u want (honestly cuz am very new at mapping) lol just kidding
can u do a map inside a plane ? not outside and when u look at the plane's windows u can see moving buildings
i know it won't be easy but if any1 can (for css or 1.6) ill be happy
thnx
(^"_"^)
--

Which one is better??

M4A1
AK47
to forum permalink 2011-07-05 04:40:44 Reply to this Print
fr33pr0d fr33pr0d

Joined Mar 2009

You can probably do it yourself. You need 2 things:
1. »ka_trainfight (322.0 KB) - you'll understand why you need it when you'll test the map.
2. BSPViewer so you can see how the map was made (decompiling is not really encouraged).
--

compiling stuff...
to forum permalink 2011-07-05 16:07:38 Reply to this Print
Adam465 Adam465

Joined Jun 2011

mm
aight , ill see what i can do
i hope i do it (^"_"^)
--

Which one is better??

M4A1
AK47
to forum permalink 2011-07-06 14:04:16 Reply to this Print
Adam465 Adam465

Joined Jun 2011

in response to fr33pr0d
umm
said by: fr33pr0d profile

You can probably do it yourself. You need 2 things:
1. »ka_trainfight (322.0 KB) - you'll understand why you need it when you'll test the map.
2. BSPViewer so you can see how the map was made (decompiling is not really encouraged).

well in fact i couldn't understand how to a map like it
and i still don't know if the train is moving or the ground
(@.@)
--

Which one is better??

M4A1
AK47
to forum permalink 2011-07-06 14:14:43 Reply to this Print
yes <strike>yes</strike>
Banned
Joined Jul 2011

it looks nice:d
to forum permalink 2011-07-15 11:32:27 Reply to this Print
Reply Follow this topic Print thread
Forums Mapping, textures and models

Previous
Next

Bandwidth by Level (3) and N-Layer Communications Saturday, 19-Apr 03:51:03 · feedback
© 2001-2008
Hosting & co-lo reliablesevers.com - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy. Use of this site signifies your agreement.
Not registered? Sign up