Forums  ·  Maps  ·  Files  ·  Steam Skins  ·  Tutorials  ·  Tools  ·  Faqs  ·  Search  ·  Submit Content join cs planet 
Counter-Strike
Forgot? · Register?
Powered by Level (3)
level3.com Internet & Data Hosting
  Forums - Mapping, textures and models - [CZ] Map 'Light' entity Leaks Online: 213 · 565 565 requests per minute
Browse all
de · cs · as
fy · he · ka Wad files
  Home  Search  Maps  Files  Skins  Forums  »   Need help? try search  

1 2 3 4 5
    view:
flathybridthreaded
  Post a:
  Post a:

Author  
noldi

Joined Jul 2009

[CZ] Map 'Light' entity Leaks
Hi, my map jb_solitary_confinement keeps having leaks within the light entity. It seems there are 3 light entity leaks in my map. How can I fix these light leaks? I am pretty sure all of my lights cant be seen from outside the rooms, I see the full light bulb in my map's rooms. Should I make it so the lights are touching with the ceiling? Thanks
to forum permalink 2010-08-14 12:54:33 Reply to this Print
fr33pr0d fr33pr0d

Joined Mar 2009

Every map must be sealed from the void. If any entities have a clear path directly to the void then the engine 'thinks' they can see the void (even if the path is not a straight line from the entity to the void).
Entities do not seal the map. You need to do it using world brushes.
Do not enclose the map in a huge box because this method will solve the leak problem but it will generate more problems so you're better off fixing the leaks individually.
--

compiling stuff...
to forum permalink 2010-08-15 10:10:46 Reply to this Print
noldi

Joined Jul 2009

Ok, but how can I stop the light leaks? Where do I find the light entities that are leaked? I made sure the lights are at least 1 64x64 box under the ceiling for ceiling lights, and at least 1 64x64 box above the floor/wall, for the wall lights. How can I fix it? thanks
to forum permalink 2010-08-15 11:21:54 Reply to this Print
fr33pr0d fr33pr0d

Joined Mar 2009

You don't need to find the entity that is reported in the log (except if the entity is outside the map). You only need to find the hole(s) in the outside walls and seal it. To find the hole(s), go to Map->Load Pointfile and load jb_solitary_confinement. Follow the lines that appear in the 3D view and you will find the leak.

If you used a small Grid Size (1 or 2) you might have more than 1 leak. You need to fix all the leaks for the map to compile properly.
--

compiling stuff...
to forum permalink 2010-08-15 13:24:54 Reply to this Print
Reply Follow this topic Print thread
Forums Mapping, textures and models

Previous
Next

Bandwidth by Level (3) and N-Layer Communications Tuesday, 2-Sep 21:34:02 · feedback
© 2001-2008
Hosting & co-lo reliablesevers.com - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy. Use of this site signifies your agreement.
Not registered? Sign up