View Full Version : hand problem

Unregistered
Jan 17th, 01:47PM
Whenever I play the game, it is left handed, and when I goto to help and try changing to right hand, it doesnt change? what the heck is happening? I also reinstalled CS, and same problem?

Descent
Jan 17th, 01:52PM
are you changing the setting in options -> advanced? make sure you hit apply and then ok

Unregistered
Jan 17th, 02:45PM
are you changing the setting in options -> advanced? make sure you hit apply and then ok

Yea i changed it, .. But when I switch to knife its right handed. I think there's a bug or whatever. Oh well, back to cs 1.5! steam sucks!

Sebastian
Jan 17th, 02:52PM
are you using custom weapon skins? Older skins have to be renamed, otherwise right hand skins will appear on the left.

Unregistered
Jan 20th, 12:11PM
are you using custom weapon skins? Older skins have to be renamed, otherwise right hand skins will appear on the left.

happens to people on my server as well.
None of us use custom weapon skins. When in OpenGL the right hand and left hand work fine but in Software mode, the weapons remain in left hand no matter what you do(either you type cl_righthand 1 in console or change it from the Options menu).

This might be a bug in CS 1.6 which has to be put right. If anybody has any information about it, please post it to the world, we are PISSED.

Unregistered
Jan 20th, 02:34PM
What the big deal if its in the right hand of the left hand??It still hits the same distance. Dont it?

fatty309
Jan 22nd, 10:05AM
yeah but its a matter of comfort. For instance, if you were playing steam on a block of ice, you probably wouldn't do as well as if you were in a regular chair, just like they would probably do better not playing left handed

Unregistered
Feb 5th, 03:31AM
It is not currently possible to use the right hand while in software mode. This is a steam/cs problem that will hopefully be addressed soon. If you dont like the weapon in the left hand just switch to opengl or d3d rendering and type cl_righthand 1 in the console.

Unregistered
Feb 9th, 01:51PM
ok I put in the skins and when i try to play a server it says theres something wrong with model/s_gg566.mdl. i deleted the file but it still says that. any map with the sig i cant play on how do i fix it????

ninja
Feb 24th, 06:50PM
i believe u are using cs 1.6 i had the same problem than i wrote in console
lefthand 0 and since than the guy is using his right hand.

Unregistered
Feb 25th, 10:37PM
hey yo unregistered dude this topic is about left hand prob go post that stuff somewhere else.

Unregistered
Mar 20th, 03:56PM
Hi!
I've got a question:
How can I switch between lefthand and righthand
with a key? I want to change my conifg for this.

Goth Girl
Jul 4th, 06:17AM
I have tried all this and More.
He is still using the left hand. I mean, is this 1.6 itself?! I have never had this Problem before. is there more ways I can get it to become Right handed again?
my Steam is
gothgirl1
Message me if you have any ideas.
but for now, I may as well get use to playing left handed huh.

RECKLESS HAKU
Jan 6th, 04:50AM
listen just go to {option} on cs menu
than click on {video}
than see {RENDERER}
CHANGE IT TO {OPEN GL}

IT WILL B ALL OK THAN TRY TO SWITCH BY PRESSING {H} OR CL_RIGHTHAND1