Mar 08 05:41:11 AM
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Update Released
Posted by Ghull · 8mo ago · cstrike pc · 4 comments · 7505 reads
[ MAPS ]
- Added de_mirage.
- Added console command to help players plan strategic grenades. Set sv_grenade_trajectory 1 (cheat convar) to see a visual arc in-game.
[ OVERWATCH ]
- Overwatch Investigators are now required to submit more detailed verdict reports after reviewing evidence.
- Fixed interpolation issues during GOTV and Overwatch demo playback which caused the weapon of a shooting player to visually appear several ticks behind the moment a victim was hit.
- Overwatch FAQ updated. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/
[ OPERATION PAYBACK ]
- Operation Payback Pass on sale for $0.99 until Monday 6/17.
[ UI ]
- Added links to top streams on the main menu.
- Added an audio option to reduce game music volume when Steam Overlay is activated.
[ MISC ]
- Restored the "retry" console command.
- Players can only submit griefing reports for teammates.
Steam for Linux Beta Now Available
Posted by Ghull · 1yr ago · general · comments? · 5963 reads
The Steam for Linux Beta client supports the free-to-play game Team Fortress 2. Approximately two dozen additional Steam titles are now also available for play on Linux systems. Additionally, the Steam for Linux Beta client includes Big Picture, the mode of Steam designed for use with a TV and controller, also currently in beta.
“This is a huge milestone in the development of PC gaming,” according to Gabe Newell, Valve President and co-founder. “Steam users have been asking us to support gaming on Linux. We’re happy to bring rich forms of entertainment and our community of users to this open, customer-friendly platform.”
The Steam for Linux Beta client is currently available for installation on Ubuntu 12.04. “An overwhelming majority of beta applicants have reported they’re running the Ubuntu distro of Linux,” according to Frank Crockett, a member of the Steam for Linux team, “We intend to support additional popular distros in the future; we’ll prioritize development for these based on user feedback.”
More details regarding Steam for Linux, including community discussion, beta participants’ feedback, official announcements and syndicated news can all be tracked on the new Steam for Linux Community Hub at http://steamcommunity.com/linux
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive . . . in about 1 week, but . . .
Posted by KoshVorlon · 1yr ago · cstrike: source · 3 comments · 9385 reads
Pre-Purchase and get access to the beta starting on August 14th!
Pre-Purchase and save 10% . . . $13.49 USD.
Full version is available on August 21st, 2012.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.
CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.
"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."
Posted by Ghull · 1yr ago · steam updates · comments? · 8333 reads
A Steam client update is now available:
- - Added warning message for users on XP SP1 or lower, support will be dropped August 31th 2012.
- - Grid view now supports applying custom images to games and shortcuts, via the grid item’s context menu
- - Fixed a bug where if you were disconnected from Steam, then reconnected, any tabbed chats would paint wrong until you changed tabs
- - Fixed clearing login information in case “Don’t save account credentials on this computer” is checked
- - Fixed HTTP proxy related download issue
- - Fixed client crash related to game stats system
- - Fixed button to remove completed downloads
- - Fixed html control not drawing if Steam wasn't the foreground application
- - Fixed html control being blank for a while on steam startup for some users
- - Fixed Steam Cloud download errors in some situations